The entire team brings a rich background of knowledge and experience to Bodywise Therapeutic Massage. Their diverse and eclectic approach to massage creates a streamlined experience directly suited for clients’ individual needs.
- Swedish massage is the most commonly offered and best-known type of massage. It uses a firm but gentle pressure to improve the circulation, ease muscle aches and tension, improve flexibility and create relaxation.
- Deep tissue techniques
- Myofascial massage therapy relieves soft tissue restrictions that cause pain. Some causes of chronic pain or low back pain are easier to diagnose than others (e.g. trauma, a compressed nerve from a herniated disc). When pain is caused by tightness within the fascial system (the web of connective tissue that spreads throughout the body and surrounds every muscle, bone, nerve blood vessel and organ), those restrictions can play a significant role in creating pain. Myofascial therapy is a type of safe, low load stretch that releases tightness and the pain caused by these restrictions through the body.
- Neuromuscular therapy consists of alternating levels of concentrated pressure on the areas of muscle spasm. Neuromuscular therapy is also called Trigger Point Myotherapy. The American Academy of Pain Management recognizes this form of massage therapy as an effective treatment for back pain cause by soft tissue injury, such as a muscle strain.
- Polarity therapy assesses energetic attributes using touch, observation, and interview methods. The client can gain self-awareness of energetic sensations, become deeply relaxed and get relief from specific problems.
- Reiki is a safe, gentle, non-invasive form of hands-on healing. Reiki can increase energy, reduce pain, cause deep relaxation and a general feeling of well-being.
- Seated/on-site massage is specifically suited to relieve stress in high-tension areas and promote a renew4ed sense of energy, well-being & vitality. Perfect for a hectic work environment, a busy event or even a school setting. We will come to you.
- Reflexology is the application of pressure, stretch and movement to the feet and hands to affect corresponding parts of the body. Reflexologists view the feet and hands as a mirror image of the body. By applying this technique, a reflexologist can break up patterns of stress in other parts of the body.
- Sports massage focuses on the individual needs of the athlete and can aid recovery and enhance performance.
- Infant massage helps to promote the parent-infant bonding process. Infant massage further helps stimulate relaxation, promotes better sleeping patterns and can also help to reduce colic, congestion and teething.
- Pregnancy massage helps reduce stress, reduce swelling, relieve varicose veins and increase blood and lymph circulation, relieves stress on weight-bearing joints (ankles, low back, pelvis), reduce muscle strain and pain, and nurtures the mother.
- Oncology massage (or massage for people living with cancer) has been proven through research to result in a decrease of pain perception, nausea, fatigue, anxiety and depression related to cancer.
- Lymphatic drainage massage is a unique form of massage that stimulates lymphatic channels to allow flow of fluid from the affected area and is the treatment of choice for lymphedema. This is a condition that arises when the lymphatic system does not work properly due to the missing or impaired lymph nodes (e.g. surgery) which causes swelling of an area of the body.
Gift cards are available.